Sunday, February 27, 2011

A long overdue update...Really long overdue!


So, I feel like the worst mother ever because my baby turns 7 months old tomorrow, and I have not blogged a thing about him since his birth! Having my third baby really took its toll on my ability to accomplish even the simplest of tasks. I think I am slowly getting back into the swing of things, and figuring out how to budget my time a bit better. So here are some photos of our little Ryan as he has grown over the last 6 months-




Newborn photos


About 1 month


Travis and Hailey LOVE their baby brother. Travis has been so good with him...until about a week ago. He pushed him, and hit him for the first time. Lets hope these were isolated incidences. The more mobile and into Travis's things Ryan gets, the less Travis enjoys him :)




Hailey is a great big sister, but she tries to do too much with the baby, like pick him up and bring him to me. He is already like half her size, and she is not capable of doing that without killing him so...I get after her a lot too. Goodness three children keep me on my toes.


More 1-2 month photos






I made this onsie and booties for him. Considering I did not get much done during my pregnancy either, I was pretty proud of them.





Seems he inherited my squinty eye, ha ha






almost 3 months






A little out of order, but this is a picture of my little booger crawling. He just crawled across the room for the first time this morning, but he began crawling a few days ago, and has been getting ready for a month or so. He starting sitting up at 4 months, and now he is a crawler. Each child does grow up faster than the next huh.


He started out liking baby food, then decided it was not his thing. He mostly eats off the table at this point. He prefers to eat what we eat I guess, and I can't say I blame him.


He is such a delightful, happy little guy! We love him soooo much


And his Grandmother dresses him well :)



6 months

And you can see his 2 teeth in this photo, that he unfortunately got a few moths ago, outch!
He really is the best baby ever, and we don't remember what life was like without him. I may have more children after all, lol. 6 months has flown by, but we look forward to watching him continue to grow and develop throughout his life. Hopefully I will blog more frequently, and the next post about Ryan won't be his 1st birthday-


CRAFT PROJECTS

Here are some promised photos of some recent craft projects, mostly inspired by shanty2chic- my favorite craft blog. I got the ideas for these photo holders, and I love them. They fill the dead space on the top of my new entertainment center perfectly. (As soon as I get some better pics of my entertainment center, I promise I will blog about it)


I moved these apart for the picture, and they look a little awkward in this pic. I swear they are arranged a little nicer in reality.


Not a great picture, but this is the skirt I made this weekend, inspired by yet another blog. It was a DIY tutorial for a party skirt, and it looked cute and easy, so I gave it a try. I did it all by myself, and it turned out pretty great. It's hard to see, but it has an adorable bow at the waist that I love. The material I picked out was bit fancier than I initially thought, so next time I will just use cotton!


I have also been making bibs since it looked easy, and I am currently in the mood to sew. I am also making a baby clutch toy of sorts that I will post when I finish...if it turns out. Cute pattern though right? Yet another idea from searching crafty blogs. You can find the links to these blogs on your right-

He was not happy when I took this photo, and his facial expression cracks me up


And last weekend I made this, and it is quite possibly my favorite thing ever! I was so proud of myself for creating this, because I followed the instructions and sewed it all by myself for the first time! I was walking on air for days after this because it was such a huge feat for me. I feel like I can do anything now! If anyone wants the pattern just ask and I will try to get you a copy. It is from" Bridget and Lucy, a clothing line", and my mother-in-law bought it form me at Porters craft store in Idaho--the best craft store ever!

I madet the rossettes to embellish this shirt purchased at WalMart. It turned out pretty cute too if I do say so myself




I love this picture of Hailey from her head down to her toes, literally! This is the cutest pose she pulled. Notice the headband on her head that matches the rest of the outfit? I made that too, all by myself :) I am really into sewing ever since I got my new machine for Christmas, and now I can find time to craft and sew whenever I want. Now if only I could balance that with housework and being a good mom, hmm....Stay tuned for future posts on the holidays and Disneyland. Oh, I'm so behind on blogging.

5 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

It's amazing how quickly babies grow... Ryan's adorable. I LOVE, LOVE that picture of Hailey at the end... so cute! I'm impressed with your crafty/sewing skills. The craftiest thing I've made is little rosettes for headbands... but all that required was knowing how to glue (my kind of craft:)).

Carissa said...

I'm so glad that you posted those pictures of Ryan. It really shows how his looks keep changing. It seems like every pictures he seems to resemble a different family member. :) He is so ADORABLE!

Great job on your crafts and sewing projects. I can't believe that outfit you made for Hailey. It is SO perfect! You'll have to make some more in other colors, they are so cute.

Watts Family said...

Ryan is growing so much. It's crazy. I think he looks like one of your brothers. I don't remember his name though. I love your sewing projects. It is awesome! I wish I knew how to sew or had a sewing machine. All my friends sew and make super cute things too. Keep up the good work. Your kids are super cute!!

Amber said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of Ryan. I haven't seen him since camping in September. He is so cute. I feel like he has his own individual look. I LOVE the booties and outfit you made for him. One day when I have a baby will you make one for me? haha. You are quite the seamstress, I love it! Hailey's outfit is gorgeous. I am so impressed with you. I don't know how you have the time. Miss you friend. :)

Karilyn McRoberts said...

I love the tie!! Did you make it or buy it?