Friday, August 22, 2008

At the West Coast Game Park Safari

Kelly and Travis showing off a Muntijac, one of the worlds most primitive deer


This guy was very intrigued by my camera. The park is full goats, deer, donkeys, llamas, geese, turkeys and other animals that you can feed and pet.

Hailey wasn't quite brave enough to feed the animals out of the palm of her hand.

Hailey and I held a baby opossum from nursery land. They had skunks, ferrets, and other small animals you wouldn't usually hold. We even held a lion cub!!!

Kelly found his long lost twin, see the amazing resemblance? This opossum was quite obviously cross eyed and blind, the poor thing. We had such a good time there with Hailey and Travis's Grandma, Aunt Lisa and Aunt Kari, and her cousins. We would strongly recommend this park for a fun safari experience, it really beats the Portland Zoo.

6 comments:

Carissa said...

I think I've looked at that picture of Kelly 10 times already and every time I see it I can't stop laughing! It's hilarious!

Mark and Shauna said...

LOL- that picture of Kelly is priceless. Looks like fun! We'll see you guys soon!

Lisa said...

where is the picture of the lion cub?! That was a fun day.

Seth and Amber said...

Congratulations on your little boy. Last time I saw you, you had just had your little girl. What a cute family.

rachel said...

That picture of Kelly is cracking me up!!
Is this the petting zoo/wildlife park in Bandon? If so, I love it!

Ashlee said...

How FUN!!! I think Ben would be scared to death so good for Hailey for being so brave! Kelly's pix is awesome!