Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Day At The Beach

I am always amazed by the beauty of Oregon beaches. We love to try and make a day trip to the coast at least once or twice a year, and it always takes my breath away. I have to admit that while I find the coast beautiful, I am not exactly its biggest fan ever. I hate being wet and cold, and I often get sick from the ocean air (too fishy and moist I guess). But we had a great day, and the weather was perfect- sunny and only a few quick drizzles. But best of all the kids had a blast, and that always makes it worth a trip.


The above pictures are of our short lived crabbing venture on the docks of Old Town. We spent the day with our friends Amanda and Jed, and they brought a crab pot along. We tried to bait the crabs with chicken legs, but we had no luck (I know, chicken legs? Jed swears by them, so I guess we will take his word for it).

Travis doesn't get out much as you might imagine at 8 months of age, and he loved spending a whole day outdoors. I guess I should really get him in the great outdoors more often.

Hailey was kind of a stinker at first, but eventually she warmed up to the whole thing. She really got into crabbing, and enjoyed the sand candles we made later that afternoon


She didn't so much enjoy the waves of the ocean, so her father of coarse with his sick sense of humor kept forcing her to go near them, then laughed as she ran away in terror (I really nabbed myself a prince :)


It really was a great day, and hopefully it won't be too long before we make it back again!









11 comments:

Carissa said...

I love your pictures. I'm so glad that you guys got such a nice day at the beach, that's difficult to do this time of year. I can't wait to see your sand candles....Make sure Kelly doesn't burn them all before I get to see them.

Kirsten said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. What fun. The kids are so cute and Travis is getting so big.

Mark and Shauna said...

Looks like fun! I feel the same way... every time I'm outdoors for the day, I always think "Why don't I do this more often!"

Teresa said...

I understand what you mean about the coast, both the wet and cold part and the taking your breath away part. I'm glad that you had such a great time and with great friends! The kids sure seem to have had a wonderful time. Cute pictures!

Kim said...

OK, I think my son is sooo cute, but is it just me, or does he look a bit like Sloth from the Goonies in one of those pics? ha, ha

LeaAnne said...

:) I think he is Beautiful! great pictures! Looks like you had a fun time! Way to go Mom!

Ashlee said...

That is so fun that you went out to the coast with Jed and Amanda. It makes me think of growing up and going to honeyman. Can you believe we are so old now!?!
I love the picture of Hailey running from the waves-maybe I am sick too but I would totally do the same thing :) Travis looks adorable!

Lisa said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had fun. I have never gone crabbing before, but I would like to try it sometime.

rachel said...

HAHA!! I am dying over Kasey teasing Hailey with the waves!! That is so something I would do, yet it's sooo mean. Poor little girl. I love her face when she's screaming terrified! Thanks for the laugh.

Melissa Price said...

Could your kids be any cuter?? Love their smiles!

Alli said...

The coast is always fun, but on a nice day, it's just amazing! I think it's funny that Kelly enjoys torturing his daughter - I can totally picture it!

Sloth!!??? You know that comment's going to come back to bite you someday!