Thursday, July 30, 2009

Right concept...But no!

You always think it's going to be someone else, not your kid! But alas it's true...We had to sit down and have the "you can't marry your cousin" talk with Hailey today. The poor girl has had eyes for her cousin Benjamin practically since she was born. We are so happy that she is singing songs about going to the Temple someday, and feel so proud that what we have been teaching her is soaking in. But the part she added about her cousin marrying her there, well we had to have a long talk about that one. After a while she agreed that it would not work, then asked if she could marry Danny or Kyle (also cousins) there someday? I guess "the talk" will just have to wait a few years huh. Isn't she a cutie, we just lover that girl :)

6 comments:

Watts Family said...

My nieces and nephews have that same problem.

Mark and Shauna said...

lol... that's adorable. I can picture that being played 20 plus years from now in a video montage when she's actually getting married (and hopefully not to Ben... or Danny or Kyle;).

Carissa said...

Are you sure it was "cousin Ben" and not "friend Ben"? That is the cutest thing ever! I'm glad I get to see a video of her since getting together this week didn't work out. Maybe I'll post a video of Bennett for you to see...I'm sure you're just dying for the opportunity to see him. :) Maybe you can convince Hailey that Bennett will marry her in the temple....

LeaAnne said...

CUTE!! We have to tell Lilly that she can't marry Sam all the time.. (I am afraid for my kids..lol)

Alli said...

As long as they don't start turning into kissing cousins, I'm sure it'll turn out fine. It makes me laugh to watch the two of them together :)

rachel said...

hey. i have a boy she can marry someday :)