Sunday, August 9, 2009

Longing for Fall


Is it just me, or is this weather reminiscent of Fall or what? I love Fall for so many reasons, and I tend to get a little giddy and impatient when I get a nice cool day like today. Fall is great because:
*The weather is cool, so I don't melt in my non-air conditioned house.
*I get to wear sweatshirts and sweaters, which ultimately means I get to hide my body, and bask in the sheer comfort and warmth of baggy clothes.
*I get to pull out my cute coats and jackets, as well as scarves and hats.
*Fuzzy socks and warm slippers are a must, and I love to wear those.
*Is there anything prettier than the array of colors we get to enjoy in the falling leaves, because I can't think of a thing.
* I love to bundle up my kiddos and go for walks in the cool fall breeze, and enjoy the scenery.
*I get to decorate my house with all of my wonderfully adorable Fall decorations, and enjoy them for a few months.
* Halloween and Thanksgiving come in the Fall, and any holiday involving candy or piles of food is a good thing :)
*After getting bored of my children's summer wardrobe, I get to pull out their new Fall/Winter clothes and enjoy seeing them in those (I love babies in sweaters!)
*School starts, so my nieces are not around to annoy me on craft day (I threw that one in for you Lisa)
*I don't have to shave my legs as often, because I get to wear long pants, skirts and boots.
*And finally, I get to pull out my oh so loved down comforter and snuggle in it at bedtime.
ONLY 44 DAYS LEFT TIL' FALL!!!

4 comments:

Alli said...

I love fall too - I think it's my favorite season, although I always seem ready for the next one when it's time. Cute jackets and not shaving legs - my favorites too :)

Lisa said...

You are so pathetic. (and I say that in a totally loving big sister kind of way) The minute it is fall, you'll want it to be winter. When it is finally winter, you'll want spring to be here. Quit living in the future, and enjoy NOW!!!!! (Remember how excited you were for summer to be here?) p.s. you will still have a niece and some nephews around on craft day, and they won't be my offspring :)

Carissa said...

Thanks for the countdown, I was beginning to wonder how long until Fall was here. :) I'm with you Kim, the best time of year is Fall, hands down. I enjoy all seasons, but Fall is my favorite. I say you put a countdown timer on your blog so I can look back and see when Fall will get here.

Kim said...

Hey Carissa, you know I would put a countdown timer if I knew how...I was just telling my sister that :)