Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Idaho Vacation Part 2:

Ha ha Adam, I snapped a picture when you weren't looking! You just can't can't hide from my lens :)
So this is actually part 2 of our vacation, but the post was so long, I decided to cut it short. You can view part 1 next week. There were a few really hot days while in Idaho visiting Grandma and Grandpa Weber, so Kelly and his brother got out the pool. They only filled it about a foot deep, but that didn't stop the fun. Travis was not a fan of the FREEZING water, so Grandma was nice enough to snuggle him, and get him dry.

Poor Hailey was stuck in the middle of Daddy and Uncle Adam's water fight.



Hailey went to Grandpa for protection

This is her "the water is really cold" face. Is she enjoying herself in this photo? You be the judge. (I caught you again Adam)

Joining in the fight



And uncle Wayne was Travis's buddy on this vacation. Travis kept Uncle Wayne pretty busy entertaining him, but I think he didn't mind...too much


Hogle Zoo:
We swung up to Utah to Visit my brother Mike and his Wife Alicia. We intended to See my brother Mark and his wife Shauna too, but they were very sick (I hope you are all feeling better). Somehow however, we only ended up with one photo of Alicia, and none of Mike...How did that happen? I am very photo happy.

Any resemblance?

Me, Travis and Alicia in the ground hog holes.




I love these pictures of my little ones!


This was my number one memory of the Hogle Zoo from my childhood. I don't know why, but I guess these lion drinking fountains must have been very fun for me to use, and you know what...Travis really liked them too.


But he loved the Gorilla. The gorilla wasn't interested in the kids though. Travis was so cute, and he made a monkey noise every time he saw one.

Travis was obviously forced to pose for this picture if you couldn't tell, and Hailey would have nothing to do with it. Thanks Kelly for being a good sport.
Hailey was obsessed with finding an Elephant at the Zoo, and when we finally found him she was so excited. Not the best photo of the occasion, but I wish you could have seen her initial smile when she first saw him, because it was priceless.
Another crummy photo, but Travis loved the giraffes and wanted to look at them forever it seemed. They are rather odd looking creatures when you think about it.


Temple Square:
I haven't been to Temple square in years, and it was really fun to go as a mother. I finally get to take my children to see all of the great things my parents took me to as a child. But this time, I got to be the teacher, and it was a lot of fun. I love the Christus, and Hailey was really impressed by it. It was amazing how reverent the kids were while in it's presence.


I think this is one of my most memorable moments from the trip. Hailey was so excited to finally get to touch a Temple. She couldn't wait to get next to it, and when she finally did, she reluctantly stretched out her arm, and slowly and gently touched the Temple. She was beaming, and looked at us like she had been waiting her whole life to do that. And yes, she told us all about Marrying her cousin Ben on the way there, song and all :)

Ah the Temple doors. I have been told my whole life about how my great, great, great (I don't know how many greats?) Grandpa carved the doors on the Salt Lake Temple. My Mother always made us get pictures with the doors on our many trips through Utah. So here's for tradition.







It was a wonderful Vacation, and we really enjoyed seeing all of the family that we were able to. I have to tell you Grandma and Grandpa Weber, Hailey cried when she woke up in the car, and told us to turn around for at least an hour! She wanted to go back to your house so bad, and we had to work very hard at bribing her to stop throwing a fit. It took a very long time! We look forward to the next visit.

6 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

Looks like you guys had a good trip. I agree giraffe's really are weird creatures when you think about it! We were so bummed we weren't able to see you... we'll definitely see you during the holidays!

Kirsten said...

Did I miss part 1??
What a fun trip. So many fantastic adventures. Your kiddos are just so cute I loved all the pics.

Ashlee said...

That looked like a great trip. Grandparents are the best and Temple Square is always fun!
You are quite the photographer. I loved the pix of the Temple and yoour kids especially! You wanna take some of my boys this weekend???

Carissa said...

Way to go Kim. I'm glad you had so much fun on your trip. The pictures are so awesome, I love the temple ones! Those have to be some of the best memories I have as a kid is going on family vacations. You are doing very well for your kids by doing so many fun things with them.
I'm certainly glad to have you back here in Oregon. We need to get together SOON and play. I've missed you.

Alli said...

wow-great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Lisa said...

Kim! Tradition DOES matter to you. Way to pass on our heritage. Did you show them the capitol building and talk about your grandma closing the windows with her grandpa? Did you teach your kids why Hobble Creek is named that?! :) LOL