Monday, December 7, 2009

Holiday Happenings

Remember last memorial weekend when this happened?...
We lost our air bag due to Kelly being slightly careless.

Well, now Kelly decided to rear end another student on his way to school, ironically right after he had just taken it in and had some work done. I think he has however make some real improvements in it's looks, ha ha. Look at that classy light he bolted to the bumper. People keep saying that all we need is duct tape to make the look complete. I am so embarrassed :)


Well I jumped the gun in the order of these pictures, but when we got our Christmas tree home, Hailey and Daddy put the star on the tree first, as is tradition.

My cuties in front of the decorated tree. They were good helpers, or at least they thought they were.

This was our adventure in searching for the perfect tree. I am so particular when it comes to finding the perfect tree, but after about an hour of searching, there it was in all it's glory. It was so cold, but the kids still had a blast.

Travis loved playing on this muddy make shift bridge, and fell off many times into the slippery mud below.


Hailey was at preschool while we searched for the tree, but we picked her up and brought her to the tree lot to approve my choice. She was so excited, and couldn't wait to get it home... and get out of the cold





On Saturday we went to the annual creche exhibit, and had our pictures taken as the nativity. Hailey was Mary...

Travis was her Joseph, and Kelly and I were shepherds.

They are so cute! Hailey was OK with Travis being Joseph, but requested that cousin Ben be her Joseph instead. He also pouted about the matter, so we had to let them be Mary and Joseph together to make them happy.

They too were adorable, and were beaming for the camera.

This picture says it all, Mary loves her Joseph, while he admires the baby Jesus. I love it!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

We have good times, don't we?! Looks like your tree hunt was fun. We'll have to come by and see it some time.

Mark and Shauna said...

AWWW... I absolutely LOVE that last picture! I'm sad to say that we now have joined the ranks of having a fake tree (well, since last year). Your tree hunt makes me want a real tree! Looks like a lot of fun!

Ashlee said...

Maybe you could ask Jed for a certain pair of horns to finish the look of the jeep-haha!
I love the tree and am a little Jealous that it looks so perfect (someone else picked ours out and it is a little less than I expected!)

Alli said...

I love the wording that Kelly "decided" to rear end another student :) Mary is definitely stricken with Joseph there - a picture is worth a thousand words, right? Too funny!

Mike and Alicia said...

You'll have to help me convince Mike that going and cutting down your own tree is the way to go! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Emily Slaughter said...

Your kids are so darn cute! Of course what else would we expect...Scarlett Johansen is their mom. LOL!