Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Happenings Part 1


Well, I haven't posted many pictures of my belly, so here is a pic for your viewing pleasure :) I am 37 weeks pregnant, and hopefully getting this labor and delivery started a week from today...My doctor is a saint! lol Can I really get any bigger?


Our son Travis is the definition of a terrible two! If we turn our head literally for 2 minutes or more, this is what happens. Travis really tries our patience, so it's a good thing he can be so darn cute even while getting in trouble.

Unfortunately these two stinkers could watch movies all day if we would let them. They really love watching movies together, which is nice at times for a very pregnant, tired mommy. I just wish they didn't enjoy the T.V. this much.


We have also had lots of fun at the park this summer, or just playing in the back yard. Hailey and Travis LOVE being outside.





Alton Baker Park is another favorite of ours..the geese are extremely creepy, but the kids love feeding the ducks as much as possible.


Travis got a new bed a few months ago, and loves being a big boy finally. He is a really good sleeper, and almost never fights us at bed time. I guess he does have his good points too :)


We went to the zoo the last week of school, thinking we would beat the crowds....we were dead wrong. It was so crowded, but the kids had a blast. We even got to see some dinosaurs, but Hailey and especially Travis were a little hesitant most of the way through the exhibit.




This is what Travis did almost all the way through...If he cant see them, they can't see him right?






And Hailey and her cousin Ben graduated from preschool. They did a little dance and walked over the bridge and everything. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen, but my camera died right when Hailey walked up on the bridge. I wanted to scream at my bad luck, and of coarse when I took her back up for a photo later, she was not into it, and forced a fake smile. You should have seen how her face beamed the first time, sigh!






And Kelly graduated as well, and with honors! He was also very cute in his graduation attire. My pictures are awful, but luckily my Dad got some great shots of the occasion. Now if we could just land a job...Actually, he still has a few years of school yet to go.




Kelly teaching Hailey the basics of shooting a gun (don't worry, it's a BB gun), and apparently she is great shot.


I had to throw this picture of Hailey dressed as a pioneer in, because she is so cute! We had a pioneer primary activity, and she was the cutest little pioneer you ever did see.


Happy 4th Birthday Hailey! Yes, my baby girl is 4...ugh I feel old.


She had a princess/knight party, and this is what she wanted her cake to look like. Not my finest work, but I was able to slap it together really fast. Cake is not as fun to make when you can't eat it...darn that gestational diabetes!




The kiddos had a water balloon fight in the back yard, and went through a bout 200 water balloons in a matter of minutes.









She got way too many presents (especially from Grandma), but she was not complaining.

Hopefully my next post will be our new addition! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Watts Family said...

You look super cute Kim! I wish I was only a week away!! More like 12 weeks away! Stink! Looks like you have had a busy summer.

Mark and Shauna said...

I didn't realize that you had gestational diabetes! That totally stinks... I would die if I couldn't eat sugar... especially during pregnancy when you need it the most!
Jackson also covers his eyes when he sees/hears something scary!
I'm totally jealous that Travis is a good sleeper (he needs to come over and teach Jackson some lessons on sleeping... or maybe I need some lessons from you on how to not give in to Jackson's crying in the middle of the night... seriously. :))