Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer happenings-- Part 2


So you may be wondering how you missed part 1 right? Well you haven't- This post was way too long already, so I decided to cut it in half, ending with the most recent event. I will hopefully post again next week. So, still to come: Hailey's B-day, Kelly's graduation, some cute summer pics, and some pregnancy pics. Enjoy!


We were fortunate enough to have a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Weber, and Uncle Adam too. Don't ask me how they avoid my camera so well, but I did manage to snap a few shots of Grandpa and Grandma at least!


We enjoyed a slightly windy, yet sunny day at the beach and lake Cleowox. The kiddos loved all the attention from daddy and especially Grandpa.


We also took the kids to the farm and picked Strawberries so mommy could make some yummy jam. You can tell that our Idaho family grew up on farms right :)


I mostly just took the pictures...




And Hailey and Travis mostly ate the strawberries.




Then we went camping overnight at Clay Creek to experience catching crawdads. I think that Grandma and Grandpa Weber and Uncle Adam really got into it. Kelly and Travis enjoyed the hunt too, but Hailey was not thrilled with the cold water, and mostly played on the shore.


What a dork!





so cute!






They caught quite a few crawdads in about an hours time. Grandma even took one home as a pet...At least I think it made it back home?


His face says it all--He had fun but did not know what to think of that thing.




Then came Travis's Birthday on July 3rd. We celebrated a day before with Grandma and Grandpa Weber. Travis LOVED his gift.




Birthday breakfast: Doggy pancake with strawberries and candy.


And I love this face he often gives when he feels like being a nerd for the camera, lol.


Perhaps you have noticed the many different hats this kid has been wearing. He is definitely in a hat fetish phase (and boots). He loves to wear hats all day, every day. Especially the cowboy hat we gave him for his birthday.




We had a toy story party since he is so into cowboys, so it was fitting that he got a Woody toy from Grandma Bevans. He now sleeps with him every night.


My boot cake creation. I was quite proud since I made the template myself. And the best part is that Travis adored it.


my cowboy with his cake.


We did fireworks in honor of Travis and had a BBQ at Grandmas house with his cousins. They were attempting to dance behind a strobe light, but it was kind of cheap and lame...You get what you pay for!



Hailey jumping over a firework after watching daddy do it--oops! That came out of nowhere.


My bigger dork.


Travis did not think this was as funny as I did :)


My little sniper with his pistol, cowboy hat and all. He got those boots from his friend Bennett, and they did not leave his feet that whole day. In fact we have to hide them if we want him to wear anything else. Thanks Hambeltons!




And we pretty much repeated the same events on the 4th of July as well. Good thing we had leftovers.






It got pretty cold at night, so the kiddos took turns snuggling with Grandma.


Daddy setting a bad example...But look at the delight in Travis's face


Lets just hope that Travis waits a few years before copying daddy like Hailey did.


4 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

haha... that totally was my first thought... where's part 1?! LOVE all the pictures... especially the one of Hailey and Travis holding hands. Looks like you guys are having a fun summer!! By the way, those strawberries look so delicious!

Watts Family said...

Looks like a fun summer! How are you feeling. How far along are you? Are you excited to have 3 kids! I am kinda worried how Alia will like her sister! We will see. I think she will like her, but might be too helpful. maybe a little jealous! I hope everything is going well for you!

Ashlee said...

You have been so busy! I can't believe how big Travis is! His haircut is adorable! I love that he is all cowboy.I hope that you are surviving this last stage of pregnancy.

Kirsten said...

Your kiddos are so so so cute. I love all the pics, what a wonderful summer so far. Love you!!!