Monday, September 15, 2008

Doing just fine!

My little man is going to be just fine. Thank you for all your prayers, we got the echo results back today and Travis has a very small hole in his heart that should go away on its own. Insurance won't be an issue either because we won't have to have the follow-up appointments like we did with Hailey's heart. We feel so blessed, and as you can see Travis is a happy, healthy little boy!
As for Hailey, nothing holds that little girl back. She still gets around just fine on her own, and is running around, climbing and jumping (unfortunately) as much as she was before. In fact she tries to convince us to let her jump on the trampoline every time she goes to Grandma's house. She has even found a way to fit into her dress-up clothes, enormous cast and all! We love that little girl, but we are certain that we have only just begun to deal with the things she will throw our way.
Here is Hailey with her cousins, the Walkers. It's amazing how sometimes it doesn't even phase children when another child is different in some way. They all play with Hailey like nothing is different at all, and Hailey wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

That picture of Travis made me smile:). What a cute pic of the kids- it's funny how kids aren't phased by anything and just continue on as usual. That's awesome she's not afraid to go back on the trampoline (or maybe not so awesome...:)).

rachel said...

Oh Kim. Thank goodness. I'm so glad to hear this. Hugs to you!

LeaAnne said...

YAHOO!! I am glad everything is going to be okay! :) Love ya girl!

Alli said...

So relieved everything is going to be fine!

Carissa said...

Time for a new update! :)

Ashlee said...

Oh my! I don't get online as much as I used to and I am just now finding out about Travis. YIKES! I am glad to hear that things will be fine though. I love that picture of him. and Hailey is too cute in her princess dress-arm and all:)