Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Cast Is Gone!!!

You know that smell your husbands feet get after a rigorous physical activity? Oh yes, that is the offensive odor this tiny little cast was perfuming our nostrils with, Yuck! Hailey finally was able to have her cast (otherwise known as her arch nemesis), removed yesterday. She wasn't sure what to think at first, but one thing was for sure...she wanted nothing to do with it once it was off.
This picture portrays quite well how Hailey feels about that darn cast. We dropped it in her lap for this picture because she won't go near it otherwise, and this is the look she gave before she started crying, then kicked it across the room. The after shot: Hailey is so happy to only have to wear a temporary cast for a while instead of that huge clunky thing she hauled around before. She can even wear long sleeves now which is great considering the changing weather. Her arm isn't back to 100% as of yet, but the doctor says that as she grows it should straiten out. I guess only time will tell.
I had to throw in a picture of our little Travis too. He is also happy that his big sisters cast is gone because he was a victim of much friendly fire as she tried to play with him. His poor little head will be much more safe now!!!

5 comments:

rachel said...

Hooray for that cast being taken off!!! And hooray for Travis' little head to be protected from it. Poor little guy.
See you Sunday... in the mother's lounge! :)

Kirsten said...

I am so happy that the big cast is off. For sure I understand the dangers these older, "loving", siblings can inflict upon their younger siblings, I can not even imagine if they had a club hand to help inflict their "love" that you couldn't take away : )

Carissa said...

I love it. I'm so glad that she got that nasty clunker off her arm. I was afraid she was going to knock someone out with that thing.
The picture of Travis is adorable! I can't believe he's grown up so quickly.

Lisa said...

I think there is a market for color coordinating wraps. We should open a buisness and make the ace bandage on the cutting edge of fashion!

Ashlee said...

That must be a big relief for you. I think that it is funny that she didn't want to go near it. I don't blame her though. Poor thing! That Travis is a darling even with the bumps and bruises:) Tyler always has some himself. I think that being #2 is not for the faint of heart!