Friday, October 10, 2008

Tagged? Why Not

So I'm still very new to this whole blogging thing, but I was "tagged" the other day and decided that I would go ahead and give it a shot. Sorry no pictures, but again I am still trying to figure all this out, and am extremely computer illiterate to boot. So brace yourself folks, here are seven interesting/unknown facts about myself:

1) I enjoy eating more than I enjoy breathing. Yes it's true, food is my passion, obsession, friend, companion, and overall love of my life. I used to say I would know it was really true love if I would skip a meal for a man...well Kelly, I guess you know where you stand. Ah, the poor fools in my past who simply fell short when compared to a whopper or ding dong, ha ha.
2) Feet are the anti-Christ! If you have feet, please keep your distance! Feet are quite possibly the nastiest part of the human body. Lets face it, feet are smelly, sweaty, hairy, often alien looking appendages that should at no time touch me. This is a rule at my house, though I'll admit it has given my husband the power to upset me at will.
3) Texan accent? Baby, baby. Ever since I can remember I have been a sucker for Texan accents. There is just something about a deep sexy Texan drawl that makes me weak in the knees. There was a quite unfortunate looking boy in one of my college classes, but every time he spoke let me tell you I perked right up.
4) Recipe obsession. One of my favorite pastimes is browsing recipes online, or in various cook books and magazines. I try to collect as many great recipes as I can. I'm sure this all roots back to my love for food.
5) Just say no to jean on jean. Why do people think this is OK? I'm fairly certain that jean on jean has not been socially acceptable since at least 1989, and lets face it-the 80's was a bad fashion decade. Jean on jean actually triggers something in my brain that causes extreme anger :) It just doesn't work people.
6) I love 80's music. I could listen to good old 80's music all day long. I realize I was very young in the 80's, but the influence of my older siblings music choices has always stuck with me. You gotta love that 80's beat.
7) I absolutely love Fall. There is nothing more beautiful than a mid-October afternoon, when the wind is blowing, and leaves are turning the most amazing colors all around me. I get so giddy this time of year, and it really does put an extra hop in my step each day.

6 comments:

Carissa said...

HA HA, I love it. Just like you said on my tag...you were very honest. I love the Jean on Jean thing....I will admit it's pretty nasty. :) Ha HA! I didn't know about the Texan accent....interesting, very interesting.

Anonymous said...

So, I probably shouldn't tell you that right now I'm wearing a jean vest with my jeans... they are two different shades of jean, does that help? okay, calm down, I'm kidding.

Alli said...

I'm a sucker for a good accent too - must be some craving for the exotic. Why we married such anti-exotic men, I can't say - although they ARE pretty hairy, maybe that counts for something in the exotic dept. Nevermind, maybe not. I know a recipe blog you'd love, if you go to the profile part of my blog you can click on the link.

rachel said...

Oh come on, Kim. You know you LOVE an acid washed denim jacket with faded jeans!!! LOL

Ashlee said...

Kim,
As one of your BFFs I was surprised to find out about your love for accents. However, I was totally with you on the Jean on Jean and love for food and COokbooks.I will say that I miss hanging out with you at Carissa's house. When I live in Roseburg I will definitely be coming down for playdates!!(No, jeff hasn't gotten the job but I am trying to be optimistic:)

Carissa said...

OOOh Kim, I love the new blog layout. It looks great! I had fun hanging out with you yesterday, Thanks for letting me come and steal you for the afternoon. I hope that you still like me even after the "dinner fiasco" HA HA HA. Who wants Chinese?!