Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fun With The Kiddos

Hailey has been having the time of her life with the "cave"/"house" she and her daddy made out of the box our new water heater came in. Hailey's excitement level would make you think this was the greatest toy she has ever had...
Which makes me wonder why we as parents put out so much money on toys, when in reality children have way more fun playing with the boxes they come in.

Even Daddy got in on the fun...he was just a bit too big to fit in there with Hailey at the same time.
We are really enjoying this age and stage Hailey is in right now...She is so dang cute!

So our little man is already old enough to start eating baby food. Those of you parents out there can appreciate these classic photos of Travis tasting rice cereal for the first time. I almost felt guilty feeding the poor kid because he acted like we were torturing him. The pictures gave us a good laugh though...Enjoy!













8 comments:

Carissa said...

Bennett and I are coming to visit so he can play in that box with Hailey. And I LOVE the last picture of Travis. That is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures! all of them! how cute can Hailey get?! And Travis, oh my heavens, does he ever shudder when you feed him knew things? Xander does then he laughs at me and takes another bite - he is so weird. What all have you fed Travis?

Kim said...

Mary, so far we have only tried to feed him rice cerial and carrots...he hates them both!

Jerolyn and Matt said...

How much fun! It is the little things that they enjoy, isn't it! I wonder how much home depot would charge for just the water heater box? j/k. Anyway, cute kids!

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun playhouse. I love the picture of the hairy legs sticking out of it! Poor Travis, just give the little man his ****.

LeaAnne said...

:) We had a box that hug around our house for SOOOO long first it was a house then a "lets go" car then a train station round house..Sam LOVED that box..lol Do have fun, it quickly changes to big kid stuff.. :)

Carissa said...

Bennett and I are lonely without our Weber friends....we NEED to hang out. SOON! How about we don't watch OLTL until Friday and then you can just come over and we'll have a marathon and let the kids tear apart the house. :) Sounds like a plan to me!

Ashlee said...

How fun Kim. I am seriously thinking about where I can get myself a box:) That Hailey looks like she is having a BLAST! There is nothing better than a toy that will keep the kids busy and excited. Poor Travis-those faces are so funny:)
I am surprised though b/c Tyler Loved/s all foods except stage 3foods(it must be the Newell in him)