Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hailey, Hailey, Hailey...What a character this girl is turning out to be: So I know I blog about my little girl all the time, but she is so stinking funny and cute. Today we were at my mothers house, and Hailey was playing with her cousin Ben. It was lunch time, and Hailey was eating goldfish crackers which poor Ben had been coveting from the moment he saw them. I repeatedly told Hailey to share with her cousin, but she kept insisting that she wouldn't. At the same time her grandmother and I offered our own techniques for guilting her into sharing. Her grandmother told her that Santa was watching her, and would not bring her a tricycle if she didn't share. I told her that Jesus would be sad if she didn't share, so she should choose the right...Hailey thought for a moment, then politely offered her whole bag of goldfish to Ben. My mother and I looked at each other and I said "I wonder which statement got her to share?" Just then Hailey jumped up and down smiling and shouting "Santa, Santa, Santa." We of course laughed our heads off. I guess it's pretty sad that Santa has more pull in her life than Jesus...I guess we know what our next FHE will be about!

4 comments:

Carissa said...

That's hilarious. I love that girl! I love the photo too. That robe is so funny to me. It's adorable, and yet every time I see it I can't help but laugh, maybe it's because the last time she came over she was wearing it with a random t-shirt, sweatpants and 1 sock!!! HA HA HA. I love the addition of the cowboy hat, it polishes the whole look.

LeaAnne said...

LOL!
That's SO GREAT!!
How funny are they~ I love that she offered the WHOLE BAG, maybe she will get a BIGGER bike.. lol

rachel said...

So cute and funny!!

Alli said...

That's fantastic! Claire doesn't have much of a clue about Santa yet - and she might think Jesus is GG after our California trip confusion. But she gets pretty affected when I correct her behavior, so maybe I have some pull for now.