Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our Disney Fanatic

Hailey has 3 current Disney movies she is obsessed with, and we are loving this phase! Hailey is very into Disney movies right now, and she is constantly quoting the most random things from the movies. My husband apparently babysits Hailey by sitting her down in front of Disney movie after movie. one morning I hear she watched Bambi like 3 times in a row. I discovered this when she started walking up to me and saying things like "Mother" in the same tone of voice Bambi does, or "bir-d" and "fl-ower, pirty flower."
Cinderella is another favorite. She has been Hailey's favorite princess since she discovered that princesses exist. She can watch this movie over and over if we let her. This morning she was watching Cinderella and acting out parts of the movie with her dolls. As she was playing she heard a clock chime in the background and exclaimed "oh that clock...killjoy!" It took me a minute, but if you recall at the beginning of the movie, that's what Cinderella says to the clock. It was so funny, I don't know how she picked that line out, I barely realized what she said until a few weeks ago myself.

Hailey also thinks that people are only beautiful when they wear dresses, because princesses always wear dresses. If we pick out a normal pant and top outfit for her she always protests and says "I'm not beautiful." It's kind of sad, and we constantly have to ensure her that she is beautiful without a dress!

We recently introduced Hailey to Sleeping Beauty, she instantly fell in love. She constantly dances around like Sleeping Beauty, twirling and singing the song from the movie. She also walks around pointing at things and saying "make it pink", or "make it blue." We get such a kick out of what she comes up with. This morning at like 7:30, Kelly and I woke up to Hailey singing from her toddler bed at the top of her lungs "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.." It was too cute. I hope this phase never ends because it is so much fun to watch her enjoy the magic of Disney. We at least have a few years left I hope, I will encourage it as long as I can.



6 comments:

rachel said...

Kim, that is just the cutest thing ever. Hailey is so precious! I remember when Olivia was almost 2 (10 years ago now, wow!) we would have Cinderella on all the time! We had a vcr that would rewind and play automatically and I swear that movie would play all day long.
Enjoy this stage. They grow out of it too quickly.

Jerolyn and Matt said...

That is so funny! Alora's that same way with Ariel from The Little Mermaid. It's so much fun! We just have to enjoy it and laugh because it's so dang cute!

Ashlee said...

That melts my heart. I had to laugh though b/c I just can't see my Ben waking me up to a disney song:) The clock story is my favorite though. What a smarty! Can't wait to see you in April.

Mark and Shauna said...

How adorable! You have to get a video of her saying, "oh that clock...killjoy". It makes me smile just thinking about it:)!

LeaAnne said...

What a doll!
This also explains why craft day has been all about Sleeping Beauty;)lol
She really is so cute AND.. I think you are a great Mommy!

I totally agree with Rachel.. This all moves way to fast~

Lisa said...

If you really want to make it last, then don't try and push her out of the stage. You know my kids love all things Disney - even the oldest one (whom you and your husband keep trying to get to move on) The world wants them to grow up much faster than they have to. They grow up fast enough all ready.