Monday, February 23, 2009

Finally a sunny day!






Last Friday my family and I finally got a wonderful glimpse of an early Spring! I hope many of you local friends were able to enjoy the sunshine and 60 degree weather. When I see sunshine this time of year, I get that inch for spring cleaning, and watch out because I will clean anything in my path.


After weeks of sick children my home has become more than a little out of order, and in much need of a face lift. When the sun came out I took advantage of the boost of moral and energy and was super Mom for a day. Kelly and I worked on the cars, I mowed the lawn, weeded the garden, did some other much needed yard work, cleaned the kitchen, did ALL the laundry, cleaned out 2/3 of the garage, took a huge load to Good Will, and on top of it all took my babies to the park for a picnic. Needless to say I was so proud of myself, and felt so on top of things for a day. It was wonderful.

So here are some cute pictures of my family enjoying the sunshine for a day...we hope to see many more days like this soon with any luck.



6 comments:

Watts Family said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I remember when you would get into the cleaning mood and you room would be spotless. I get into those moods at like 10pm some nights. Mike's always says isn't time to go to bed. I'm like yes but Alia isn't at my ankles needing something. It's a great time to clean.

Teresa said...

Oh, I know what you mean about the great feeling of getting things done. Sometimes I feel like it's a constant battle to make any progress. A sunny day and warmer weather helps so much. I'm glad that you had a great day, Super Kim!

Mark and Shauna said...

Isn't it amazing how much a day outside on a sunny day can boost your mood and motivation to get things done!? It was sure great seeing you guys last weekend!

rachel said...

Can Super Kim come to my house to play?? lol

Jerolyn and Matt said...

I am so jealous! That looks like so much fun! We are still waiting for warm days to take the kids to the park, hopefully they will be here soon! Well, take care!

Alli said...

I had that day yesterday. A little peek of sunshine is very energizing, isn't it?