Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving!!!

This Thanksgiving was a little different for the Weber family. We usually get to spend Thanksgiving with Kelly's side of the family, but with school and lack of income we simply stayed here with my family this year. As is tradition at the Bevans household, the baby's who are experiencing their first Thanksgiving get to gnaw on a Turkey leg. It is always an amusing event for me to watch.

Travis wasn't sure what to do with it at first. He is only about five months and really hasn't had much experience with food yet.

He had no problem wanting to put it in his mouth, however as you can see from his face it wasn't the greatest thing he'd ever tasted.


Hailey had an absolute blast this past weekend. Hailey was able to play with her many cousins from morning to night, and she was loving it! She and her cousin Claire were princesses all weekend, it was too cute. Hailey was so excited to finally have a girl her age to play with instead of all those boys...she much prefers playing dress-up to cars and swords.



11 comments:

Watts Family said...

So cute! That chicken leg is about as big as him!!

Ashlee said...

I didn't know about that tradition-soFunny!!! He looks so happy! Lucky Hailey!

McRoberts Family said...

Too cute!! I can't believe how big he is.

Mark and Shauna said...

Cute pictures!! Gotta love his facial expression while eating that turkey leg:)!

Carissa said...

I love the pictures of Travis with the turkey leg. He is too cute. I know that Hailey must have been in Heaven to spend time with another girl. :)

Carissa said...

I've been trying to call you all morning...all I get is a busy signal. Is the phone off the hook or something? I even called the cell phone and talked to Kelly at school. HA HA. Ok well maybe you will check this again today.

Kirsten said...

That is so funny with the Turkey leg. He is getting so big. Hailey looks darling all dressed up.

rachel said...

Ok, so the turkey leg thing almost gave me a heart attack. I recovered quickly... and now think it's a fun idea!
Congrats again, my friend!

LeaAnne said...

The Leg thing would never happen in our house..
Rune has dibs *for LIFE* on any large leg from any animal!
;)
I love the pictures so, so cute!

Lisa said...

Your new blog design looks cute. You always have to sneek a naked picture in of your kids, huh?!

Jerolyn and Matt said...

That is so funny! That turkey leg is almost as big as him! Hailey looks so cute dressed up. We missed seeing you guys this year, but hopefully next year. Take care!

PS I love your banner! Too cute!